Then there is the concept of a comfort zone. Even though we humans are masters of existing in diverse habitats from the frozen tundra to the tropics our tolerance of temperature is actually quite narrow. We get around a lack of comfort by wearing warm or cool clothes, by clustering around heaters or turning on the air conditioning.
A smart modern way of keeping tabs on the weather, particularly as it affects our home precinct, is to install a weather station.
Holman have introduced the new iWeather intelligent environmental data weather station. The system consists of a data gathering station which is mounted on the outside of your home and transmits the collected data wirelessly to a pad inside the house that has all the readings and results.
What can it tell you about the weather?
- Wind direction and speed.
- Temperature indoors and out, there’s a comfort zone with alarms possible when you improve into the discomfort zone.
- Rain guage
- Barometric pressure with a history so you can see trends in this predictive measure
- Humidity has a real role in human comfort this is shown for outside and indoors
- Moon phases if you like to garden the lunar way
- Digital clock
- Forecasts are based on barometric pressure
- History gives you information on the last 12 hours of humidity
- Comfort indicator
- Daily alarm if you need to do something at the same time every day like wake up for example. And yes there is a snooze button.
Technical Details: Indoor Unit
• Six keys: MODE, +, – , HISTORY,CHANNEL,SNOOZE/LIGHT.
• Time display in 12/24 format
• Continuous perpetual calendar up to 2099
• Display of Date, Month and Day of week
• Day of week display available in 7 languages, i.e. German, English, Italian, French, Dutch Spanish,Danish.
• Weeks Display
• Dual alarm with snooze function (alarm will activate every five minutes)
• 5 weather forecasts: sunny, partly sunny, cloudy, rainy, stormy, weather symbol can be selected manually.
• Barometer and bar and data for 12 hours history of air pressure.
• Indoor/outdoor temperature and humidity
• Thermometer measuring range inside: 0°C to +50 °C , outside -20°C~60 °C
• Temperature display elective in °C or °F
• Temperature alert
• Sun Rise Sun Set/moon rise moon set for 175 cities
• Moon phase
• Low battery indication)
• Blue background illumination LED.
• Battery: 2 x AA, LR06, 1.5V
• Frequency: 433 MHz
• Battery: 2 x AAA, LR03, 1.5V
• 3 channels
• Transmitting distance: 50M open area.
• Sit at least 1 meter of the ground.
• Press the key “CHANNEL” to select a channel. You can read the data of up to 3 sensors at one
• Press and hold the key “CHANNEL” for 3 seconds to search for outdoor sensors.
When placing both the inside and outside units remember they are subject to interference. Try to:
• Install both the units as close as possible to each other.
• Try and avoid outside interference by not placing them near computers, TVs or TV antennas etc.
• Also remember concrete walls and floors can interrupt transmissions. Try and avoid as much as possible.
• If the connection is successful initially and then fails occasionally, try to reduce the distance.
• If the connection fails and then is regained, as sometimes when it reconnects the information
is not correct, it is a good idea to take batteries out and do a manual reset .
- Please try and do a complete reset by taking out the batteries from both units and then leaving them out for about five minutes.
- Replace batteries and start from beginning again. It is a good idea to replace batteries at the same time.
- Ensure you are using good quality Alkaline or Lithium batteries, not rechargeable, the only model that will use rechargeable batteries is WS1000 and WS3085.
- If this does not work and it drops out again, it could be interference, not between the two units but in the airwaves.
- All remote control devices work on 433mhz sending out a pulse, sometimes there may be something in the area that is on the same pulse rate and causes interference which will cause it to drop out.
- It is not common for this to happen but if it does you will need to return unit if still under warranty and replace for another unit, if it is not under warranty we have the sensor unit available for sale.
- Please refer to instruction manual.
- This will be because you are in an area that is above sea level, for every 1000ft above sea level you lose 20 bar. The barometer reads the local air pressure. If you read your barometer at your house on a mountain top and then carry the barometer down to the bottom of the mountain it will read a higher pressure. But, since the barometer is for predicting weather you are mostly interested in whether the reading is higher or lower than it was yesterday and it doesn’t matter that the pressure you are seeing isn’t the actual ‘sea level air pressure’.
- Yes you can. We suggest using good quality Alkaline or Lithium batteries, not rechargeable, the only model that can use rechargeable batteries is WS1000 and WS3085.
- It could be the bearing has an obstruction, pull top off and spray bearing with lubricant. If this does work, it could be seized and needs to be replaced.
- Yes, please contact our Customer Service on 1300 716 188.
- Yes, we have a range of spare parts for all our Weather Stations. Please call our Customer Service on 1300 716 188 for pricing and availability.